Links and Press Kit
PDF file: Illinois Alumni: Murder, She Writes
"Cozy up to a Denise Swanson mystery, and you'll laugh till you sigh"
This story from the Spring 2012 issue of Illinois Alumni magazine is reproduced with permission
from the University of Illinois Alumni Association. Photo by Lloyd DeGrane Photos
CNN — Living — Dig in: Food with a side of murder, April 13, 2011
"Denise Swanson, author of the Scumble River mysteries,
slashes into a loaf of homemade bread." — Photo courtesy David Stybr
|Conventions and Conferences:|
|Denise Swanson and Nickeled-and-Dimed to Death (March 2013):|
Downloadable Press Kit in MS-Word DOC files:
|Press Release||Book Synopsis||Reviews||Bibliography||Author Biography|
|Book Cover||Author Photo||New York Times Best-Sellers Lists|
"Hi, I'm Denise's cool black cat Boomerang, and I just know you'll love her Scumble River Mystery series. It's the cat's meow!"
|Music: Shadow Bend Suite by David Stybr|
|1. Devereaux's Blues for Jazz Quartet (1 minute).|
|Music: Scumble River Portrait by David Stybr|
1. Scumble River Legend, a Ballad for Small Orchestra (1 minute). How many book series have their own signature music? It's quirky, but so is Scumble River, Illinois.
2. Lazy River Waltz, for Woodwind Quartet and Piano (1¼ minutes). The Sun dawns on another slightly out-of-kilter day in Scumble River, Illinois.
3. Rolling River Rag, for Piano (4 minutes). Rags were inspired by the Ohio, Missouri and Mississippi Rivers, and now Scumble River too.
4. Prélude to a Muse (and to Amuse), a Passacaglia for Rock Band, Percussion Ensemble and Harp (3½ minutes), performed by Vince Denison's band Pink Elephant (and friends). (for Murder of a Pink Elephant)
5. "Bad Boys and Blondes" Bossa Nova, for Brass Quintet and Percussion (1¼ minutes). It can only mean trouble in Scumble River, Illinois. (for Murder of a Real Bad Boy and Murder of a Botoxed Blonde)
6. Dance of the Three Witches, for Organ (1 minute). Which witch is which? (for Murder of a Royal Pain)
7. Wedding Belles, for Trumpet, Organ and Bells (1 minute). (for Murder of a Wedding Belle)
It's Left Brain vs. Right Brain: best 2 falls out of 3.
( http://www.DeniseSwanson.com/Stybr )
Created 25 December 1999 * Updated 1 March 2013
© 2013 Denise Swanson * Der Webmeister: David Stybr
This web site is purely for entertainment and information purposes. We hope that you enjoy our simple yet informative format.